877-311-5134 is the number. In this article, I am going to tell you the reality of this number. You will learn here whether this number is real or fake. Therefore, if you want to know about it then you are at the right place. Read this article from start to end to know more about it.
What is 877-311-5134?
877-311-5134 is a 10-digit telephone number with an area code of 877, which is a North American toll-free code. The remaining seven digits, 311-5134, are the subscriber number. This type of number allows people to make calls to the specified number without being charged for the call. These numbers are commonly used by businesses, non-profit organizations, and government entities as a customer service or support line.
Is 877-311-5134 a scam?
Individuals in the USA must be aware of a particular phone number, 877-311-5134, as it has been reported as a fraudulent call. The callers pose as representatives from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and demand payment for taxes owed. They may also threaten arrest if the payment is not made. However, it is important to note that the IRS does not make calls to individuals to ask for payment of taxes or any other matter. Thus, it can be concluded that this call is a scam attempt and should be avoided. It is essential to educate oneself about such fraudulent activities and take necessary precautions to safeguard one’s personal and financial information.
What type of scam does 877-311-5134 do?
The phone number 877-311-5134 is commonly used in an IRS scams. In this scam, the caller claims to be from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and informs the recipient that they owe taxes and must pay immediately to avoid arrest or other legal consequences. The caller may threaten arrest or demand immediate payment over the phone, often through a prepaid debit card or wire transfer.
It is important to note that the IRS does not initiate contact with taxpayers through unsolicited phone calls or emails. The IRS typically communicates through the mail, and if a taxpayer does owe taxes, they will receive a bill in the mail before any enforcement action is taken. The IRS also does not demand payment using a specific method, such as a prepaid debit card, and never asks for a credit card, debit card, or prepaid card information over the phone.
What to do if you get a call from 877-311-5134
Countermeasures to Avoid the IRS Scam Call
- Hanging up the Call One of the most straightforward ways to prevent falling prey to the IRS scam call is to hang up the call as soon as you hear the name of the IRS being mentioned. This simple step can help you avoid being scammed.
- Reporting the Number,another effective step that can be taken is to report the number, 877-311-5134, as a fraudulent call. This will not only help you but also alert others about the scam, enabling them to avoid it.
- Blocking the Number If you receive a call from a scam number, it is recommended to hang up and immediately report it. Subsequently, you should block the number to prevent any future calls from the same source.
- Avoiding Calls from Unknown Numbers For a more comprehensive approach to avoid scams, it is advisable to avoid answering calls from unknown numbers. This way, you can limit your exposure to potential scams and only receive calls from trusted sources.
By following these measures, individuals can protect themselves from the IRS scam call and avoid falling victim to fraudsters who pose as representatives from the Internal Revenue Service.
Are there any apps and software to avoid scam calls and messages?
Yes, several apps available can help prevent scam calls and messages. Here are a few popular ones:
- Truecaller is a widely used app that identifies and blocks spam calls and messages. It has a database of millions of numbers, which helps it accurately identify potential scams. It also allows users to report numbers as spam, further improving their accuracy.
- RoboKiller is an app designed specifically to stop spam calls and messages. It uses advanced technology and machine learning to block unwanted calls, and users can also block numbers manually. The app also offers the ability to send spam calls to a virtual “answer bot,” which helps further train the app to better recognize and block spam.
- Call Blockeris a simple and easy-to-use app that allows users to block unwanted calls and messages. It also has a call and message log, which can be useful for tracking calls and messages from unknown numbers.
- Mr. Numberis an app that provides users with the ability to block unwanted calls and messages. It has a database of known spam numbers, and users can block numbers manually. The app also offers the ability to look up the details of unknown numbers, including the name and location of the caller.
These a few popular apps can help prevent fraud calls and messages. It is important to note that no app is foolproof, and individuals should still exercise caution when receiving calls and messages from unknown numbers.
How to avoid scammers
- Do not give out personal information: Scammers often try to obtain personal information such as your social security number, credit card number, or bank account information. Do not give out this information over the phone or online unless you initiate the contact and know whom you are dealing with.
- Verify the identity of the caller: If someone contacts you claiming to be from a government agency or well-known company, hang up and call the official number for that organization to verify the caller’s identity.
- Do not pay upfront for a promise: Scammers often ask for payment upfront for a promised service or reward. Be wary of any offer that requires you to pay money before you receive anything in return.
- Be cautious of unsolicited calls or emails: Scammers often use unsolicited calls or emails to try to trick you into giving them money or personal information. If you receive a call or email from someone you do not know, do not respond.