Microsoft launches Xbox Family Settings app
The new app helps parents control children’s screen time, filter content, and manage their friends. Learn about the new app and how it might work for your family.
What is the Xbox Family Settings app?
Ahead of the new Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S releases (released November 10, 2020), Microsoft officially released a new app to give parents more control by remotely monitoring their child’s gaming activity on the Internet. consoles.
Parents can use this app to make sure their kids access safe content, play games at the right times, and with people they know, all over the phone.
What are the features of the Xbox Family Settings app?
The application that is now available to download for free has the following features:
- Screen time limits – set specific hours during the day or week of how long you want them to play
- Review and manage friend lists – The application allows parents to accept or reject requests from new friends and also review their existing friend list
- Content Filters – Choose age-appropriate levels for games and rate apps
- Game and communication settings – Choose who they interact with in the Xbox community from “no access” to “friends only” or “everyone”
- Activity Report – A detailed summary of your child’s activity online and on their Xbox
Where can I download the Xbox Family Settings app?
You can download the app for free through the Apple App Store for iOSand Google Play Store for Androiddevices.